Yoga Diversity

There are so many styles of yoga being practiced today. I think it's great. Anything or place that brings someone to yoga is a good thing. The journey for the person is then to find what fits for them. It may be a very specific and dogmatic practice, or it may be more loose. 

I've flowed through all types of yoga finding different styles suited the differing needs of my mind and body. It's been a great ride so far, and I can't express the gratitude I have for this amazing and dynamic practice. As a teacher I definitely blend all of the styles I've practiced and add in some of my own creativity. It's not really a conscious thing though. The practice just seems to unfold with each day, almost as if I'm not really the one in charge. It's an amazing and very odd experience that feels almost like channeling. 

If you know me, you know that I'm a pretty grounded person, so the idea of channeling a practice sounds hokey, even to me. But I can't deny that there is something that works though me in such a natural and organic way that I don't feel like I can fully take credit for it. The presence of mind I have during a practice, whether teaching or on my own is so clear that it doesn't even feel like I'm thinking at times. Maybe it's just being in the mode. Anyway, it's awesome.

If you're wondering what practice is right for you, I came across this really fun diagram that might lead you to a practice. It's not comprehensive of all yoga styles, but it's fairly representative of most. It does seem like it could lead you to the right practice, but I might be concerned, and possibly not follow the advice, if it lead me to nude yoga…